My family and friends know that I am a big believer in reflecting on what I’m grateful for and expressing it — all year long, not just Thanksgiving week. Even during the busiest times, I make sure to find quiet moments in the morning or on my walks to put gratitude out into the universe. This not only keeps me grounded but, I believe, sends more good things my way.
Too often, we focus on the negative — on what we don’t have, relationships we’ve struggled with, what we wish could be different. And that’s been easy to do over the past year and a half, with so many challenges in our lives and all around us. But even in the tough times — especially in the tough times — focusing on gratitude can bring us clarity, peace and even joy. It’s good for our mental AND physical health.
So as we head into the most important day for giving thanks, I encourage you to take a few minutes to think about what you’re most thankful for, and write it down. I know many people have suffered and have been through a lot, and this can seem overwhelming at times like that. But that’s when you can look outward and give thanks for things like the sun on your face, the crisp air you breathe, the hot coffee in your cup. Challenge yourself to see the blessings around you, whether they are abundant this year or harder to find.
Here’s my list for Thanksgiving 2021:
- I am grateful for my beautiful children – each going through their own unique journey and challenges but achieving so much. I’m grateful for their health and their love and so excited for what’s to come.
- I am grateful for my life partner and husband Sam — the perfect definition of a rock — a strong, calming protector who grounds me daily.
- I am grateful for my mom — my cheerleader and supporter — always ready to dance with me, drink with me, celebrate with me and be there for me. I am also grateful for my extended family including my two talented brothers who show me that anything is possible as they continue to rise in their careers and spread their passion.
- I am grateful to have a business that I started out of nothing when life got me down. I rose to the occasion, listened to the universe and came out on the other side stronger, happier and prouder of myself than I have ever been. We have grown so much!
- I’m grateful for the team I have. They are magic! I work with such talented people who bring so much positivity and dedication to their work. With so much support and inspiration from my leadership team of Carleigh and Bill, we have skyrocketed, and I am beyond excited to end the year better than we have ever been.
- And, of course, I am grateful for our clients. To be trusted with their business is a huge honor that I take seriously. The Mekky Media culture is to give our all and surpass expectations. We have done this again and again through the ups and downs of this year. I am thankful for everyone who has made that possible and can’t wait to see the new clients and opportunities that will come in 2022.
I wish all of you a very happy and grateful Thanksgiving!